'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a lil' prayer'll go a long way...like from praha to utah!


Hey guys...I'll keep this one short, but that is not to say it is not important. In fact, this one is very important. A week ago today a friend in my ski world sustained major head trauma after falling 30 feet off of an escalator (read about it on skiracing.com).

Here is an example of one (of the many, many) reasons I absolutely adore and value all things social networking-related...his family started a kick-ass
blog that they update daily with information about Cody's recovery. It is beyond impressive to see the outpouring of love, prayers, anecdotes and encouragement from (literally) hundreds of people - if not thousands - around the world, who are able to hang right there with the fam as Cody gradually recovers.

Cody was in Park City when the accident happened, training for the 2010 winter olympics in Vancouver. For a guy who has reached 80mph on the most challenging verticals around the world, this is certainly a tragic and unlikely accident. Reminds me more and more that life is so very fragile. So give thanks every step of the way.

Cody is a force to be reckoned with...I'm praying massively huge prayers for him from Prague (couldn't get any bigger!)...and asking that you do as well.

Thank you...each and every one of you...for being in my life. I am blessed. We all are.

(Up and at 'em, Cody!)

Love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment