'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Sunday, October 25, 2009

when the snow flies...

...ahhh, one of my favorite times of the year (ski season!) is upon us! I absolutely live for and love this time of year...for so many reasons. Most of all, I love the energy and enthusiasm around the sport of ski racing.

The fans...the crisp mountain air...the love of the sport...it is all so incredible. I feel so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to be over in Europe for a plethora of reasons...but one of those reasons is that I am able to experience these events that are so very near and dear to my heart, and that have been such a massively big part of my life.

This weekend's race in Soelden, Austria marked the '09-'10 season opener...a season I am super-enthused about, because I'll be heading to a few races over here. This is an open invite to all of my buds to come and join me...yes, that's right...this one is directed at you, Love, Greenleaf, Lex, Henn, Kevin, etc.

Here are a few pics of past world cup fun (Beaver Creek '07 and '08 and Garmisch '09) to get you in the mood. :)

megs and lex snow galore vail '07

megs rippin' the pow vail '07

henn and megs psst psst psst beaver creek village '07

henn, greenleaf, megs on a horse? beaver creek '08

henn and megs shred love vail '08

the masses garmisch sg cancelled garmisch '09

rad ferrari guy garmisch finish area garmisch '09

The thing I love about skiers is...well, that they probably have the best sense of humour I've ever seen. They are crazy and fun and I love being around them.
Best Michael Jackson tribute EVER!

But this is why I really love world cup ski racing (the speed, a beautifully carved turn, the energy and excitement, and so much more...):




So, there you have it. World cup '09-'10 is here , winter is upon us. And I am super-excited for what is to come. Let me know if you'd like to join me! You'll have a free place to stay in Praha and we'll have fab travel adventures beyond Praha!

Love,

me

No comments:

Post a Comment