'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Saturday, May 16, 2009

my bro is 30 (-1)!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ZACHARY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! (vše nejlepsi k narozeninám!)

I know I am a day late (or a couple of days) and a dollar (or Koruna:)) short, but I still mean well...I promise! (Actually I am getting back at my bro for giving me grief in his blog for being born the day before his third birthday...hee hee, just kidding!). As you can see from the picture below, the years are taking a toll on my brother and he is indeed nearly the BIG 3-0. Yowza! Where has all of the time gone?! He is getting so old he can't even stay awake on the metro anymore! ;) (giggle)
But, really, in all seriousness, I have had so much fun with my bro over the last 26 years. He has been a great example of a strong follower of Christ for so many...especially me! Read more at my bro's rockstar blog in this reflection post about his 29th bday...lots of shout-outs for Tom and me in that one! I feel so blessed to be living in the same city (a European city, at that!) as my bro for this period of my life. He's right...we don't see each other as much as I'd like, but I know he is there for me at the drop of a hat if I need him and I am so thankful to have such an awesome bro.

Below are a couple of pics of Zach and me from the European vacay last Fall...near Prazky Hrad and in Zach's place representing our amazing father in the District Assembly election. I love my bro for so many reasons...but most of all for his faith and drive, ability to humble himself, to be silly and to love on others.
Speaking of being silly...Zach must be so silly sometimes, because when I meet people (who Zach knows) for the first time, they always ask if I am older. HA! That's silly.
Bro...Sto lat! Nazdravi (sp?!)...or should I say Nadrazi!? ha (that joke never gets old! it's like the gift of jokes that keeps on giving!)! You are the best big bro a gal (or 3rd-bday-ruinin'-lil'sis) could ask for!

Lotso' love bro (and all),

me

No comments:

Post a Comment