'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

my life is measured by travels...me amo barTHelona!

Thanks to my amazing big bro for pulling me out of another blog silence with this ZHTV below about our trip to to the amazing and gorgeous Barcelona...where it's all about experimentation with the senses.

I am obviously not as far along with my new friend ('mac daddy'...that's its name:)) as he is, so it's nice for me to be able to borrow his creations and exploit them for my blog:). This vid chronicles our adventures in Barcelona. Pay special attention to the 8:30 minute mark, as the crazy/cool street performers played one of my fav tunes...'everything is gonna be alright...everything is gonna be alright...'

We meandered around the Barcelona alleys and were enveloped by the sweet sounds of another street band (see the 10:28 minute mark) with the most ethereal-sounding percussion instruments I've ever encountered. Mmm...the sounds of Barcelona bliss. A feeling that can not quite be summed up in words.

Enjoy! More to come...I promise, the Christmas '09 card is on its way. ha ha.

zhtv #28 a taste of barcelona from Zach Harrod on Vimeo.

I love how Zach frames this ZHTV up...it isn't just about our trip to Barcelona, but it's more about showing all of you the amazing sights and experiences the world has to offer beyond the borders of your own country.

Travel is truly something my brother and I are both extremely passionate about and it's a passion I vow to bring back to the States with me and pass on to as many people as I can possible touch. Interaction with different cultures, customs, languages, etc...there is truly nothing else like it. So get out there and experience something different. You may find out that life beyond your borders isn't as it once seemed.

Also, on another note - I've noticed my blog is being read in more and more countries, thanks to my trusty clustr map (check out bottom right of my page)...I can see you! Thanks for following me, guys!

Spreading the travel love,

Me

P.S. Check out my brother's 2009 in review post with some more thoughts about our bro/sis Barcelona adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment