'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I can't sleep...

...so I am telling my mind to 'give peace a chance' per this John Lennon wall inspiration wall I received the other day while on my Mala Strana walk.

Lately so many things have been on my mind...namely the changes associated with leaving one place I love and heading back to another place I love. During these transitions, it is always very difficult for me, as I tend to dive in and become fully engrained in my surroundings. Sure, it's great that I am adaptable and have a passion for exploration and new cultures, but it also makes leaving just a tad bit (okay, not just a 'tad') emotionally-taxing for me. Hence, the reason I am awake now, and have been since 5am.

I honestly believe I have the most scattered thoughts of most people I know. At any given moment I am thinking about hundreds of different topics and therefore my sense of direction is sometimes off (we all know I am absolutely terrible with directions) and my to-do lists become insanely-and-utterly-stupidly lengthy. This is what keeps me up at night.

Sad to go...happy to be going. It's an internal dilemma consuming my thoughts right now. At this particular moment I am thinking about:

_how amazing it will be to be with my fiance in a few short weeks,
_adequately marketing Mosaic House, the new property we're opening (went by for a site visit yesterday and was BLOWN AWAY by its essence-of-cool surroundings)
_continuing to market the existing three properties effectively, transitioning work to my awesome colleagues and the amazing new 'me' (Shannon, who is also from Minnesota with an agency background!),
_trying to enjoy the remainder of my time here with some holidays (Valencia this weekend...hopefully I won't have to work while away),
_planning my 'super' wedding and working with my Czech designer to create 8 dresses, 8 boleros, 1 veil, 1 handbag and 1 tie,
_readying my mind to head back home away from all of my ultra-amazing friends in Prague, packing (not quite sure how I am going to do this)
_departure from the nomadic lifestyle I've been living,
_trying to enjoy myself and take in the city and the European way of life for just a tad bit longer, _preparing myself for a shift in environment and mindset and culture,
_readying myself for the job search, flat-hunt and settling in to a new pace of life,
_and more.

Change. It's what this blog is all about, right?! I guess I wouldn't be here right now, at this second, if it weren't for the joys and woes and beauty associated with it. So, I'll say a big 'Na Zdravi' to 'Zmena'.

On top of all of this, I turn 27 this weekend. What happened to time?! I swear it was just yesterday that I was seven-years-old, running around our country home without a shirt or a care in the world, singing (awful voice back then too) and dancing (oh yes!), unaware of what life would be like when I was 27. I know, I know...27 is young (it's the new 17, right?! ;) I was told the other night - again - that I blend right in with my 19/20-year-old travelling peers. Yes!), but time flies. And, I'm having fun.

I'm happy. I'm blessed. I'm in love. Now all I need is for my mind to...give peace a chance.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment