'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the midget is 14?! whoa...

Today is a day that will live in infamy...I saw my first czech midget on the metro. Why do I bring this incident up, you may ask?

Well, it actually reminded me of a little gal named Mikaela Youngblood Harrod (yeah, I know - rock star name, huh?!), who is also known as "the midget". On this day, 14 years ago, lil' Mickey-doo was born...and brought joy into the Harrod family household. 14 years old. I can't believe it.

This lil' gal has been such a big blessing in so many ways...I marvel at the young woman she is becoming. She is such a gorgeous, creative, witty, athletic, gifted person and I am so blessed to be able to share the laughs we share together. She makes me smile!

This is just a good ol' fashioned birthday shout-out, to my fav sis. I miss her very much and wish she could be here so I could give her mucho bday spankings and a gigantic birthday hug!
Oh, and as I realized when I went home for christmas - she's not such a midge anymore...she is going to be taller than me soon!

Check out my burly big bro's blog for more on mik...she rocks my world.

love you, mik...and the cute midget on the metro who was swingin' his feet with glee!

the big sis,

Me

p.s. I hope I didn't offend anyone with the "midget" talk, because I really do love midgets...

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! 14? I remember when she was born! I remember once at Marquette when she was a baby and Steelie banged her head against the wall. Every time she saw Steelie after that she would scream! Does she still do that? Haha!
    Miss you!
    Love,~Elisse

    ReplyDelete