'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mluvíte Anglicky?

I've used my first czech phrase quite a bit since I've been on my own out from under my big bro's protective wing as of late...and have felt like an idiot every single time:). But really, I love it here and I am feeling good about everything and settling in well. I'm knocking a few things off the ol' "to do" list too, so I thought I'd share my list of completed missions with you all thus far:

1) mission: learn a few essential czech phrases and sound like stupid American - check (see blog title for the most important...even though I can't say anything after that ice-breaker. ha!).
2) mission: find a flat - check. Can you believe I found one the first full day I was here?! This is how I do things, though (blog disclaimer: I can't give myself full credit, I did it with the help of J. Chin)! My new home will be near Karlovo Namesti at Ladova 7...right next to a yoga studio and about a block away from the river!! It's a kick-ass (excuse my language! but it's true!) location and the gals seem super-cool. Come visit. I have room.
3) mission: dive into the new gig - check! I went into work on Monday for my first day...and I love it! Really, it feels like a healthy, energetic environment and I feel blessed to have been thrown right down in the middle of such a great thing. More on this soon, for sure...it's going to be an exciting couple of years with this gig. 

So, as you see, I am making some progress. However, for those of you who know me well, you know I am perpetually anxious and want to learn more...like, the czech language for instance! Lots of excitement to come! 

More soon...

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment