'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Saturday, February 14, 2009

my public display of affection...

(+mhtv#4, yeah - a bit unconventional and all-a-jumble, just like yours truly!)

So, there I was, meandering around this gorgeous city and it seemed as if I were smack-dab in the middle of PDA-love-fest-galore (I mean, not that this was entirely out of the ordinary, as every day here is a PDA day) . I couldn't make sense of all of the canoodle-ing couples with roses in hand, chock-full of twinkles in their eyes until I remembered what day it was...ahhhh, good ol' valentine's day...and I was singing from palackeho namesti, "the city is alive...with the sound of lip-smackin' love!"

POW! BANG! ZAP! Okay, so now that I've grabbed your attention (hopefully)...this is one posting i've been hiding under (up?) my sleeve for quite some time now...but the reason i have been keeping it on the hush-hush is that it's an extra-special one and i wanted to save it for the right time. well, my friends, that time has come.
I'd like to present to you (drum roll, por favor!) the "tom blog: JUST DO IT".

our sweet lil' ingrid song
(warning: by clicking on the above, you'll be in youtube land)

I have to squeeze this one in before valentime's day (yes, that's right - "valentine's" with an "m" - the only way to spell it!), as this one is in honour of my valentime, mr. tom. I am wondering if you're wondering why I would have a posting dedicated to said "Tom". Well, allow me to share a lil' history lesson...

This chapter in my life will be deemed, "The Tom Chapter". Once upon a time (January 5th of last year, to be exact), a girl and a guy met and it was love at first...errrr...facebook message. :) ha. ha. hee hee. But really, they met and sparks flew...actually fireworks EXPLODED when both of them least expected it (yes, uber-cliche, but oh-so-true!). With innate curiosity and an eclectic passion for life, she yearned to explore the world, while he yearned to explore pig pancreas(es) (and the world too). So, as you can see, they were a match made in heaven - she, an exploress...he, an explorer. These two lovebirds explored as much of the world they could possibly squeeze into a year before the gal was finally provided with the ultimate exploress opportunity...a move to the other side of the world. Of course the guy could have been opposed to the idea, but as much as he loved the gal and didn't want her to leave, he knew she wouldn't be happy until she set sail. Everyone thought they were crazy...and to be quite honest, they were crazy (but that's what makes them so freaking cool!). But, with all of the love and courage he could muster up, he said, "JUST DO IT!" (thanks to inspiration from his fav polyethelyene 80's beach vball style hat...scroll to top for pic). And, the rest, my friends, is history.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm that gal and Tom's that guy (refer to pic above, duh!). I am so completely, utterly, fantastically blessed - more and more each day - to have this quirky, crazy/cool, uber-intelligent, pig-pancreas-lovin', basketball-playin', smarty-pants-wearin', baby-blue-eye-sportin', hardcore stud in my life! A more supportive, caring individual does not exist...he is the epitome of selfless. Anyone who has been graced with his presence would agree with me. And, his laugh (and zest) is contagious.

The reason I am writing this blog is not only to profess my love for Tom to the blogosphere, but also because I have gotten email after call after facebook message asking me the same question: "How are you and Tom doing...has the transition been okay?" I'm here to answer your question with a resounding YES, YES, YES! Why? Because he's made it easy. In the few months leading up to my departure from the states, I can't tell you how many times I caught myself attempting to explain our relationship to people who had mucho-strong views on overseas romance. And then it just got old. Because some people just didn't understand, and I realized I couldn't make them understand. And, this is completely ok because everyone is entitled to their own opinion (that's why this world is so wonderful!). But, we took a chance on love and leapt over the ledge, holding hands the entire way.

"So, what's it like to do the long distance thang?"you may ask, out of curiosity (and just a tad bit o' nosy-ness:)). Well, it's actually pretty cool, because we do things like this:


MHTV#4.5 he loves me...he REALLY loves me! from megan harrod on Vimeo.

...where he "shows-n-tells" me about his fancy new computer and all of the cool features (note to santa: for christmas I'd just like a computer that doesn't always crash when I use it - preferably a shiny mac...thanks:))!

And, we even have movie dates (I'm going to have to take credit for this brilliant idea).


MHTV#4 movie date via skype...sweet! from megan harrod on Vimeo.

Yeah, I said "movie date"...you heard me right. It's as easy as 1 (download movie from itunes), 2 (skype it up), 3 (watch movie together via skype and enjoy a one-of-a-kind inter-web experience)...

So, as you can see, technology is pretty incredibly fab. (oh, and don't worry - I am fully aware you be throwing up in your mouth a little bit right now as a result of our utter cuteness, but deal with it).

oh-so-true, Apple wise ones...I couldn't have said it better (except to add, "...they even make a great overseas date night, when combined with skype and a tub o' carte d'or choco ice cream." on the end).

I mean, I'm not going to lie - it does suck at times, but overall it is just downright cool. We may not get a chance to PDA-it-up around Prague (thank goodness, cause the lip-smackin' gets a entirely too intense at times...enough with the tram #10 lovin'!), but we do get to partake in skype dates complete with Rorschach inkblots, IQ tests and even documentaries about a typeface (see: "Helvetica" - those whackos are crazy about that font...far too crazy).

There I go on a tangent...so back on track, jack.

Today I am also here to give my valentime a couple of small tokens of my love. The first one is a lil' song I recently discovered, and adore.

So, without further ado:

(please ignore the fact that there are two girls in this video, and just listen to the words. ha.)

my voice of beacon in the night...my words will be your light, to carry you to me...

is love alive...

is love alive...

is love alive?

this is my winter song, december i've found so long (or "wrong"?), but you're not where you belong...

inside my arms...

(the second one will come in part 2 of the "tom blog" series...to be continued...)

p.s. i love you.
p.s.s. to answer my question, yes - love is alive.
p.s.s. i love ellipsises...too.

No comments:

Post a Comment