'wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking. we're all wanderers in life.' -spanish poet, antonio machado

Thursday, December 3, 2009

a love letter...

Dear Tom,

From the first night I saw you across the dance floor, I wanted to tell you 'I love your sweet 1980's-style-polyethylene-beach-volleyball-style hat and sleek silver prada dancin' shoes'. I know we haven't talked much (or at all) these last 2 hours, but I know you are...
****THE ONE!****

Ha! Awesome! This vid (below) is super!

...Okay, so I'm lacking the energy to do this today (or, technically, yesterday, considering it is 1:26am here), but I'm doing it because I promised I would (and also because I am trying to delay packing as long as I can:), because I like the thrill and chaos of last-minute packing. ha!)! I came across this vid today on gmail's homepage and it made me smile.

It made me smile for a couple of reasons: 1) google is so creative and 2) it reminded me of the awesome love letters my loving fiance writes to me.

I don't know how many of you know this, but Tom and I started writing love letters before we technically met...only then, we didn't realize they were 'love' letters...but we've always had a passion for words and the meaning they convey. Mailed letters require time, thought, energy, and - most of all - love. Even if you may not necessarily love the person, there is still a lotta love jammed into that envelope. So, if we're in love there must be a lot, A LOT of love jammed into that lil' envelope! And, it's true - because I can feel it pouring out upon opening them!

And, that's what makes Tom so unique and perfect for me...he takes the time to write a letter, pour his love into it, and send it over to me. Over and over again. I think that's so cool, and I am so thankful to have such a supportive, loving fiance. I'm truly always counting my blessings...and Tom is on the top of my list.



Thank you, Tom, for the person you are and for the daily support (and love letters) you give to me!

I love, love, love you!

Dreaming of you,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment